- Your Information
- You may visit ThumbScribes as a non-user at any time without revealing your identity or personal information although we may collect page view statistics, your computer IP address and geographical data. The aforementioned data is also collected after you register and use the ThumbScribes website.
- If you decide to become a user, we will save only the information you provide to us. Personal information required for registration includes your:
- first name; and
- email address.
- Other personal information collected includes:
- the user name and password you create at registration; and
- any correspondence sent to us.
- All of your personal information is encrypted and stored on our servers.
- Use of Your Information
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We may share your personal information with our employees or agents to the extent necessary for them to carry out their job duties. All employees and agents of ThumbScribes are bound by employee confidentiality agreements, limiting their ability to use your data for purposes other than those stipulated in these agreements.
- We may use your personal information to:
- provide our services, including internal messaging and writing collaboration;
- prevent prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service;
- resolve disputes;
- customize and improve our services;
- verify our data security.
- ThumbScribes uses "cookies", which are files stored on your computer that remember data associated with an online service, to customize and enhance your use of our website. You are free to prevent cookies from being saved on your hard drive by changing your browser settings.
- In the event that ThumbScribes' assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. We may disclose personal information, in accordance with applicable laws, to respond to legal requirements and enforce our Terms of Service.
- Your Data Control Options
- You can access, review and change your personal information through ThumbScribes website at any time. You may opt out of any promotional correspondence initiated by ThumbScribes.
- Your user account and the information contained therein are password protected. According to our Terms of Service, you are not allowed to provide your password to anyone else. ThumbScribes will never ask for your password in unsolicited emails.
- You may disable your user account with ThumbScribes at any time. Upon a request to close your account, we will remove personal information, such as intra-website messages, but may retain your name, the content you contributed to a collaborative work, and your contact information. We will retain personal information from disabled accounts only to comply with the law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, distribute author royalties, and enforce our Terms of Service.
- Data Security Measures
- We maintain a comprehensive information security program that uses reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your personal information.
- Privacy Contact Information
- Dispute Resolution for Privacy Complaints
- We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding the use and disclosure of personal information on ThumbScribes' website.
- Upon modification, we will:
- send you an email at the email address listed in your user account to notify you of the modifications; and
- Historical Modifications
Attn: Privacy Officer
28 Howard Street, #2
New York NY 10013